Quick Answer: Who Should Record An Accident In The Accident Book?

Should minor injury be recorded in the accident book?

Any injury at work – including minor injuries – should be recorded in your employer’s ‘accident book’.

All employers (except for very small companies) must keep an accident book..

Where is the accident book kept?

Accident Report Books must be kept in an easily accessible place. However, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, all slips containing personal information should be detached and kept in safe storage (e.g. in a lockable filing cabinet).

Who is responsible for reporting an accident on site?

RIDDOR puts duties on employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises (the Responsible Person) to report certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences (near misses).

Who is responsible for recording an injury in the accident book?

One of these requirements is to ensure that details of any incident, no matter how minor, are recorded within an accident book or accident recording system. In cases of serious injuries, the employer also has a responsibility to report the accident via RIDDOR to the Health and Safety Executive.

What information should be in an accident book?

Details should include: Section 1: Name, home address and occupation of injured person. Section 2: Details of person making the entry if not the injured person. Section 3: Time, date, location and description of what happened and signature of the person entering the details.

What makes an accident book GDPR compliant?

The short answer is yes, our accident books are GDPR compliant. … The personal details on accident forms does not require consent, as under GDPR, data processing is lawful if it’s “necessary for compliance of a legal obligation to which the controller is subject”.